That’s right…this is the sole reason why I’ve been a bit MIA because I’ve been making merch and stuff for the MISTI-Con craft faire AND getting quidditch ready there and at C2E2. It’s a lot of work but I’m hoping the results are worthwhile!
I’ve also gotten a crazy amount of orders via Etsy too…so I’ve been making craft faire stuff AND custom orders at the same times. Some stuff in the process…
And for my MISTI table…it’s just the matter of planning ahead and making things ahead of time. I have at least my sticks, teas ordered and postcards all set. I’ll need to make a huge printing job soon for the bookmarks and notebooks. And then the fun will really begin.
So far what I think I’ll be having at my table are:
- Stickers (House Name Tags, Ministry of Magic and Gringotts)
- Magnets (Hogwarts Houses and select chibis)
- TEA. SO MUCH TEA. I ordered about 18 oz. so I can make at least 300 little sample baggies. And that only for about 24 or so boxes. BAH.
- Notebooks…custom inked ones and Hogwarts text books. Fortunately, my paper cutter just got shipped to me today so I can save a gazillion hours cutting paper instead of cutting one sheet at a time! Woohoo!
- Sherlock Postcards. I have two versions right now and eventually I’ll be able to add a third version. And maybe branch out to have other fandom postcards.
- Bookmarks (Hogwarts Houses, three Sherlock ones and a Merlin one.)
Here’s a snapshot of various things you might see in my tiny, tiny room (where I’m storing all this stuff…don’t ask. I have no idea):
And there you go! A nice sneak peek on what I’ve been up to. I have also been doing some very extensive research on selling at Artist Alleys at various conventions too. I’m thinking is MISTI does go pretty well, then I might gear up some time to snag a table at Granite State Comic Con and sell at the Artist Alley. We’ll see what happens! Less than a month until MISTI-Con!